Based upon the 1966 novel of the same name by Japanese author Shūsaku Endō, the film centers on a young Portuguese Jesuit missionary named Father Rodrigues who travels along with Fr. Francisco Garrpe to seventeenth century Japan, which has, under the Tokugawa shogunate, banned Catholicism and almost all foreign contact. There they witness the persecution of Japanese Christians at the hands of their own government which wishes to purge Japan of all western influence. Eventually the priests separate and Rodrigues travels the countryside, wondering why God remains silent while His children suffer.
- Meksiko, Tajvan, SAD , 2016
- Closing Movie
- Martin Scorsese
- Jay Cocks, Martin Scorsese
- Andrew Garfield, Adam Driver, Liam Neeson, Tadanobu Asano, Ciarán Hinds, Shinya Tsukamoto, Yōsuke Kubozuka, Issey Ogata
- Awards: National Board of Review 2016 – Best Adapted Screenplay
- Rodrigo Prieto
- Thelma Schoonmaker
- Kim Allen Kluge, Kathryn Kluge
- Irwin Winkler, Randall Emmett, George Furla, Barbara De Fina, Emma Tillinger Koskoff, Cecchi Gori, Gaston Pavlovich
- Emmett/Furla Films, Cappa Defina s, Cecchi Gori Pictures, Fábrica de Cine, IM Global, Sikelia s
- Filmografija (izbor) (selected):
- 2016 Silence / Tišina 2013 The Wolf of Wall Street / Vuk sa Vol Strita 2010 Shutter Island / Zatvoreno ostrvo 2006 The Departed / Dvostruka igra 2004 The Aviator / Avijatičar 2002 Gangs of New York / Bande Njujorka 1997 Kundun 1995 Casino / Kazino 1993 The Age of Innocence / Doba nevinosti 1990 Goodfellas / Dobri momci 1988 The Last Temptation of Christ / Poslednje Hristovo iskušenje 1986 The Color of Money / Boja novca 1983 The King of Comedy / Kralj komedije 1980 Raging Bull / Razjareni bik 1977 New York, New York / Njujork, Njujork 1976 Taxi Driver / Taksista 1973 Mean Streets / Ulice nasilja
Price: 400 RSD
Price: 300 RSD
Centar za kulturu ‘Vlada Divljan’
Martin Marcantonio Luciano Scorsese (born 1942 in Queens, New York City) is widely regarded as one of the most significant and influential filmmakers in cinema history. Scorsese earned a B.S. degree in film communications in 1964, followed by an M.A. in the same field in 1966 at New York University's School of Film.
Mean Streets (1973) provided the benchmarks for the Scorsese style: New York settings, loners struggling with inner demons, rock-meets-opera soundtracks and unrelenting cathartic violence. He is a recipient of the AFI Life Achievement Award for his contributions to the cinema, and has won an Academy Award, a Palme d'Or, Silver Lion from the Venice Film Festival, Grammy Award, Emmys, Golden Globes, BAFTAs, and DGA Awards.
He has directed landmark films such as Taxi Driver (1976), Raging Bull (1980), The King of Comedy (1983), Goodfellas (1990) and Casino (1995). More recently he directed Gangs of New York (2002), The Aviator (2004), The Departed (2006) - Oscar for Best Director, The Wolf of Wall Street (2013).
With eight Best Director nominations, Scorceze is the most nominated living director