Max Zorn comes to New York to promote his latest novel based on a failed love affair in this city with a German expat, Rebecca, 17 years ago, who has been living in the United States. His young wife Clara goes ahead to work on the U.S. release. Having undoubtedly, secretly harbored feelings for Rebecca, since they parted ways, Max was convinced he never would, or wanted, to see her again. However, by chance, the two former lovers meet again, and they decide to go back to Montauk, a fishing port at the far end of Long Island, which was home to their passion – a place of hope, memories and discovery of what matters most in life.
- Nemačka , 2017
- FEST 45
- Volker Schlöndorff
- Volker Schlöndorff, Colm Tóibín
- Stellan Skarsgård, Nina Hoss, Niels Arestrup, Susanne Wolff, Bronagh Gallagher
- 2017 Return to Montauk 2014 Diplomatie / Diplomacy / Diplomatija 2011 La mer a l’aube / Calm at Sea / Jutarnje more 2007 Ulzhan / Ulžan 2006 Strajk - Die Heldin von Danzig / Strike 2004 Der Neunte Tag / The Ninth Day / Deveti dan 2000 Die Stille nach dem Schuß / The Legend of Rita / Ritina legenda 1998 Palmetto / Palmeto 1996 Der Unhold / The Ogre 1991 Homo Faber / Voyager / Homo Faber 1990 The Handmaid's Tale / Priča jedne služavke 1984 Un amour de Swann / Swann’s Way / Jedna Svanova ljubav 1981 Die Fälschung / Circle of Deceit 1979 Die Blechtrommel / The Tin Drum / Limeni doboš 1976 Coup de grâce 1975 Die verlorene Ehre der Katharina Blum / The Lost Honour of Katharina Blum / Izgubljena čast Katarine Blum 1972 Strohfeuer / A Free Woman 1972 Die Moral der Ruth Halbfass / Morals of Ruth Halbfass 1969 Michael Kohlhaas - Der Rebell / Man on Horseback / Mihael Kolhas 1967 Mord und Totschlag / Degree of Murder / Ubistvo i smrtonosni udar 1966 Der junge Törless / Young Törless / Mladi Terles
- Jérôme Alméras
- Hervé Schneid
- Regina Ziegler, Volker Schlöndorff, Francis Boespflug, Til Schweiger, Conor Barry, Mike Downey and Sam Taylor
- Ziegler Film, Volksfilm, Gaumont, Film and Entertainment (F&ME), Pyramide s, Barefoot Films, Senator Film, Savage
Price: 300 RSD
Price: 400 RSD
Price: 350 RSD
Dvorana Kulturnog centra
Volker Schlöndorff (1939) is one of the most important and internationally successful German filmmakers, bringing German and international literary classics to the screen in a way that is accessible and understandable to larger audiences. Schlöndorff was a prominent member of the New German Cinema of the late 1960s and early 1970s, which also included Werner Herzog, Wim Wenders, Margarethe von Trotta and Rainer Werner Fassbinder.
He spent most of his youth in Paris, graduating with a degree in political science at the Sorbonne, while at the same time studying film at the highly regarded Institut des Hautes Etudes Cinematographiques (IDHEC). He worked in France as an assistant director to the likes of Louis Malle, Alain Resnais and Jean-Pierre Melville.
After his return to Bermany he made his directorial bow with 1966's Der junge Törless, an adaptation of the Robert Musil novella Die Verwirrungen des Zöglings Törless, which earned him instant recognition. The film was the first international success for the budding movement of the New German Cinema. It won the Critics Prize at the Cannes Festival among several other awards and was a box office success.
Since then Schlöndorff has done many adaptations from literature. He formed his own film company Bioskop Film, the first production of which Baal (1970) was an adaptation of the Bertolt Brecht play. His other notable works include: Heinrich Von Kleist’s Michael Kohlhaas - der Rebell (1969); his box-office breakthrough in Germany, Die verlorene Ehre der Katharina Blum, a 1975 film adaptation of the novel of the same name by Heinrich Böll, which he co-directed with his then wife Margarethe von Trotta; Coup de Grâce (1976) by the French author Marguerite Yourcenar; Schlöndorff’s biggest success to date, Die Blechtrommel, the film version of the novel by Nobel Prize-winning author Günter Grass, for which he received an Academy Award as well as the Palme d'or at the 1979 Cannes Film Festival; Un amour de Swann (1984) based on Marcel Proust's 1919 novel À la recherche du temps perdu (In Search of Lost Time); Arthur Miller’s Death of a Salesman (1985); The Handmaid's Tale, a 1990 adaptation of the Margaret Atwood novel of the same name; Homo Faber (1991) adapted from the 1957 novel Homo Faber by Max Frisch; Der Unhold (1996) based on the novel Le Roi des aulnes (The Erl-King) by Michel Tournier; Diplomatie (2014) adapted from the play Diplomatie by Cyril Gely. His latest film Return to Montauk (2017) is based on Max Frisch's novel