Based on the acclaimed book History on Trial: My Day in Court with a Holocaust Denier, Denial recounts Deborah E. Lipstadt’s legal battle for historical truth against David Irving who accused her of libel when she declared him a Holocaust denier. In the English legal system, the burden of proof is on the accused; therefore it was up to Lipstadt and her legal team to prove the essential truth that the Holocaust occurred.
Avoiding mere courtroom drama, the intellectual and strategic jousting and the emotional turmoil involved are brilliantly balanced in David Hare’s screenplay. In its exploration of freedom of speech versus perversion of truth, and the humanity underlying it all, this powerful film couldn't be timelier.
- SAD , 2016
- FEST 45
- Mick Jackson
- David Hare (screenplay), Deborah Lipstadt (book)
- Rachel Weisz, Tom Wilkinson, Timothy Spall, Andrew Scott, Jack Lowden, Caren Pistorius, Alex Jennings
- 2016 Toronto, Rim
- 2016 Denial 2002 The First $20 Million Is Always the Hardest 1997 Volcano / Vulkan 1994 Clean Slate / Juče ne postoji 1992 The Bodyguard / Telohranitelj 1991 L.A. Story / Priče iz Los Anđelesa 1989 Chattahoochee
- Haris Zambarloukos
- Justine Wright
- Howard Shore
- Gary Foster, Russ Krasnoff, Marta Habior, Marta Lewandowska
- BBC Films, Krasnoff / Foster Entertainment, Participant Media
Price: 400 RSD
Cineplexx UŠĆE hall 1
Price: 350 RSD
Mick Jackson (1943, Essex) is a British film director and television producer. He earned degrees in electronics from the University of Southampton and drama from the University of Bristol. Jackson began his career working as an editor for the BBC in 1973 and continued to work for the BBC for over 20 years, directing documentaries and dramas for BBC TV and Channel 4 in the UK.
He went on to direct many award-winning films for television in the USA. He won Emmy Award for his TV film Temple Grandin (2010). In the UK, Jackson has won multiple BAFTA Awards.
His feature film credits include Chattahoochee (1989), L.A. Story (1991), Volcano, as well as the box office hit The Bodyguard (1992).