The cold war, the space race, and NASA’s moon landing are landmark events that defined an era. But they are also fodder for conspiracy theories.
In Houston, We have a problem! Filmmaker Žiga Virc adds new material to the discussion on both fronts. This intriguing docu-fiction explores the myth of the secret multi-billion-dollar deal behind America’s purchase of Yugoslavia’s clandestine space program in the early 1960s.
- Nemačka, Katar, Slovenija, Hrvatska , 2016
- Special screenings
- Žiga Virc
- Žiga Virc, Boštjan Virc
- Božidar Smiljanić, Branka Šelić, Majkl Manske
- 2016 Njujork (Tribeka), Pula, Karlovi Vari, Široki Brijeg, Portorož
- Andrej Virc
- Vladimir Gojun
- Boštjan Virc
- 2016 Njujork (Tribeka), Pula, Karlovi Vari, Široki Brijeg, Portorož / Tribeca Film Festival, Pula Film Festival, Karlovy Vary International Film Festival, Mediteran Film Festival, Slovenian Film Festival
- 2016 Slovenian Film Festival - best feature film; best editing (Vladimir Gojun); best actor (Božidar Smiljanić as Ivan Pavić); Mediteran Film Festival - audience award
Price: 400 RSD
Cineplexx UŠĆE hall 1
Price: 350 RSD
Žiga Virc is the awarded Slovene film & television director, known for his short film Trieste is ours (2010). He graduated from the Academy of Theatre, Radio, Film and Television in Ljubljana. He has directed numerous commercials, documentary films and fictitious works, for which he has received many awards. His works are notable for their dramatic visual style, the use of music to build tension, incorporating a detailed approach to a narrative structure and making it appealing to a broad audience.
His film Houston, We Have a Problem! is the official submission of Slovenia the 'Best Foreign Language Film' category of the 89th Academy Awards in 2017.