A wave of grim killings and savage attacks are shaking up the rural town of Goksung. This inexplicable chain of insane events is sparked by an excessively violent, ritualistic double homicide, followed by the discovery of three mutilated bodies and two badly burned and enraged individuals at the scene of a fire. Flabbergasted by what’s happening, Sgt. Jeon Jong-gu heads the investigation, trying to explain the cause of the homicidal chaos plaguing his city. In his third feature film Hong-Jin Na gleefully mixes satire and mystery with a shot of the absurd. It is a riveting masterpiece that takes its viewers on a nightmarish exploration into the root of evil.
- Južna Koreja , 2016
- Thrills & kills
- Na Hong-jin
- Na Hong-jin
- Kwak Do-won, Jun Kunimura, Hwang Jung-min, Chun Woo-hee, Kim Hwan-hee, Jang So-yeon, Heo Jin.
- 2016 Cannes Film Festival, Fantasia, Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival, Sitges - Catalonian International Film Festiv
- 2016 Goksung / The Wailing / Jecaji 2010 Hwanghae/ The Yellow Sea / Žuto more 2008 Chugyeogja / The Chaser
- Hong Kyung-pyo
- Kim Sun-min
- Jang Young-gyu
- Suh Dong-hyun, Kim Ho-sung
- Side Mirror, Fox International Korea, Ivanhoe Pictures
- 2016 Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival - Bucheon Choice - Best Film, NH Audience Award; Grand Bell Award - Best New Actress; Blue Dragon Award - Best Director, Best Supporting Actor; Fantasia Film Festival - Audience Award for Best Asian Feature; Sitges - Catalonian International Film Festival - Focus Asia Award
Price: 400 RSD
Cineplexx UŠĆE hall 5
Price: 300 RSD
Na Hong-jin (1974) is a South Korean film director and screenwriter. In 2008, he gained international recognition with his feature film debut The Chaser (2008). For this film Na won Best Director at the Korean Film Awards. His current film The Wailing shows his distinctive and powerful style, well-crafted narratives and remarkable filmmaking skills. This film became the eighth biggest opening ever in Korea and won a number of awards at various international festivals. All of his three feature films were screened at the Cannes Film Festival.