We are immersed in the 1950s, as the film diva Macarena Granada returns from Hollywood to Spain to shoot a US blockbuster entitled The Queen of Spain, where she will breathe life into Isabella I of Castile. In Madrid, not only will she meet up again with her old friends and colleagues from the troupe but she will also have to contend with another dictatorial regime: that of Francisco Franco.
The feature marks the third collaboration between Oscar winners Trueba and Penelope Cruz following their work together on films Belle Epoque (1992) and The Girl Of Your Dreams (1998), the latter serving as a prequel to The Queen Of Spain.
- Španija / Spain, 2016
- FEST 45 Gala
- Fernando Trueba
- Fernando Trueba, David Trueba, Rafael Azcona, Manuel Ángel Egea, Carlos López
- Penelope Cruz, Cary Elwes, Mandy Patnikin, J.A. Bayona, Antonio Resines, Neus Asensi, Ana Belen, Javier Camara, Chino Darin, Loles
- 2017 Berlin International Film Festival
- 2016 La reina de España / The Queen of Spain 2012 The Artist and the Model 2010 Chico and Rita 2009 El baile de la victoria / The Dancer and the Thief / Plesačica i lopov 2003 Blanco y negro 2002 El embrujo de Shanghai / The Shanghai Spell 1998 La niña de tus ojos / The Girl of Your Dreams / Devojka tvojih snova 1996 Two Much / Dvoje suvišnih 1992 Belle Epoque / Zlatno doba 1989 El sueño del mono loco / The Mad Monkey 1986 El año de las luces / Year of Enlightenment / Doba buđenja 1985 Sé infiel y no mires con quién 1984 Sal gorda / Coarse Salt 1980 Ópera Prima
- José Luis Alcaine
- Marta Velasco
- Zbigniew Preisner
- Penélope Cruz, Anne Deluz, Cristina Huete, Judit Stalter, Mercedes Gamero, Mikel Lejarza
- Atresmedia Cine, Fernando Trueba Producciones Cinematográficas
Price: 400 RSD
Price: 300 RSD
Price: 350 RSD
Cineplexx UŠĆE hall 5
Price: 250 RSD
Centar za kulturu ‘Vlada Divljan’
FERNANDO RODRÍGUEZ TRUEBA
Trueba’s breakthrough came with a bang. His debut feature, Ópera prima (1980) won the AGIS Award at the Venice Film Festival and Best First Feature Film at Chicago Film Festival. Six years later he would return with Year of Enlightment (1986) which won him the Silver Bear in Berlin. The Mad Monkey (1989) was a major hit winning 6 Goyas, including for best film and best director.
Fernando Trueba became a world recognized figure with the release of his most significant hit Belle Epoque (1992). The film won over 20 awards worldwide, including the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film, a BAFTA, a Goya and a nomination at the Berlinale.
In the following decade he has managed to conciliate his work with his love for music, in particular Latin Jazz, by dedicating himself to projects where both aspects merge together, such as in the acclaimed documentary Calle 54 (2000), The Shanghai Spell (2002), and more recently in the Oscar nominated animation feature Chico and Rita (2010). He followed that up with The Artist and the Model (2012), which gave him the Silver Seashell for best director at the San Sebastian Film Festival.
As a music producer he has won two Grammy Awards and four Latin Grammy Awards.