Xolani, a lonely factory worker, joins the men of his community in the mountains of the Eastern Cape to initiate a group of teenage boys into manhood. When a defiant initiate from the city discovers his best kept secret, Xolani’s entire existence begins to unravel.
- South Africa, Germany, Netherlands, France, 2017
- Fest predstavlja
- John Trengove
- John Trengove, Malusi Bengu, Thando Mgqolozana
- Nakhane Touré, Bongile Mantsai, Niza Jay
- 2017 Sandens, Berlin, Tel Aviv, Sidnej, London, Durban / Sundance Film Festival, Berlin International Film Festival, Tel Aviv LG
- 2017 Inxeba / The Wound / Rana
- Paul Ozgur
- Matthew Swanepoel
- João Orecchia
- Cait Pansegrouw, Elias Ribeiro
- Riva Filmproduktion, Das Kleine Fernsehspiel (ZDF), ZDF/Arte, OAK Motion Pictures, Cool Take Pictures, Deuxieme Ligne Films, Sampek s, Edition Salzgeber, Figjam Entertainmen
- MCF MegaCom Film
Price: 300 RSD
Muzej jugoslovenske kinoteke
Price: 250 RSD
Centar za kulturu ‘Vlada Divljan’
Price: 350 RSD
Cinegrand - Capitol Park Rakovica, sala 1
John Trengove originally trained as an actor and went on to study at NYU's Tisch School of the Arts. He spent his early career making work across multiple platforms, especially in thaters. In 2015, he received a best director SAFTA and honorary award from the South African Academy of Arts and Sciences for his work on the drama series Swartwater.
The Wound stands as a masterpiece of modern South African filmmaking, and an essential contribution to the social struggle for life and love for all.
Stuart Muller, Sreenanarchy