The Charmer is an intense psychological drama about Esmail, a young Iranian man who is desperately looking to meet women who can secure his stay in Denmark. As time is running out he falls in love and his past catches up with him.
- Denmark, 2017
- Milad Alami
- Ingeborg Topsøe, Milad Alami
- Ardalan Esmaili, Soho Rezanejad, Lars Brygmann, Susan Taslimi, Stine Fischer Christensen, Morten Hee Andersen
- 2017 Čikago, San Sebastijan, Sao Paulo, Varšava / Chicago International Film Festival, San Sebastián International Film Festival
- 2017 The Charmer / Charmøren / Šarmer
- Sophia Olsson
- Olivia Neergaard-Holm
- Martin Dirkov
- Stinna Lassen
- Good Company Films
- Alma Cinema
- 2017 Chicago International Film Festival - Silver Hugo (Milad Alami), San Sebastián International Film Festival - Fedeora Award (Milad Alami, Good Company Films), Warsaw International Film Festival - Best Film
Price: 350 RSD
Dvorana Kulturnog centra
Price: 340 RSD
Price: 300 RSD
Jugoslovenska kinoteka, Svečana sala
Milad Alami, was born in Iran 1982, grew up in Sweden and now lives in Denmark. He graduated from The National Film School of Denmark in 2011. His films have been selected to numerous film festivals around the world. His graduation film, Nothing Can Touch Me was selected to over 40 international film festivals and won 10 awards.
His short film Void - co-directed with Aygul Bakanova and starring Lars Mikkelsen - premiered in Cannes’ Directors' Fortnight. The Charmer is Alami’s debut feature and it was the opening film of the New Directors competition at the 65th San Sebastián International Film Festival.
Ardalan Esmaili also imbues the character with a haunted fragility, never allowing the viewer to forget that he’s the victim of an unjust system which, having consigned him to second-class citizenship, is determined to keep him there.
Jonathan Holland, The Hollywood Reporter