In today's Beirut, an insult blown out of proportions finds Toni, a Lebanese Christian, and Yasser, a Palestinian refugee, in court. From secret wounds to traumatic revelations, the media circus surrounding the case puts Lebanon through a social explosion, forcing Toni and Yasser to reconsider their lives and prejudices.
- Lebanon, France, 2017
- Ziad Doueiri
- Ziad Doueiri, Joëlle Touma
- Adel Karam, Kamel El Basha, Camille Salameh, Diamand Abou Abboud, Rita Hayek, Talal El Jurdi
- 2017 Venecija, Toronto, Mil Veli, San Francisko / Venice Film Festival, Toronto International Film Festival, Mill Valley Film Fe
2017 L’Insulte / The Insult / Uvreda
2012 The Attack
2004 Lila dit ça / Lila Says
1998 West Beyrouth (À l'abri les enfants) / West Beirut
- Tommaso Fiorilli
- Dominique Marcombe
- Eric Neveux
- Rachid Bouchareb, Jean Bréhat, Julie Gayet, Antoun Sehnaoui, Nadia Turincev
- Rouge International, Tessalit s, Ezekiel Films
- Indi Sales
2017 Venice Film Festival - Best Actor
Price: 350 RSD
Price: 350 RSD
Jugoslovenska kinoteka, Svečana sala
Price: 390 RSD
Ziad Doueiri (born in 1963) is a Lebanese-born cinematographer, film director and writer. He is best known for his award winning film West Beirut. At the age of 18, during the Lebanese civil war, Ziad leaves Lebanon to study in the US. Doueiri first gained notice from his work under Quentin Tarantino as camera assistant. Doueiri worked between Los Angeles and Beirut until not long after September 11, 2011, after which he returned to work from Beirut. He now lives in France and works in Europe and the US.
The Insult is an honest and affecting argument for empathy, led by two excellent performances.
Chris Nashawaty, Entertainment Weekly