As Jeanne searches for a rare medicinal plant in Japan, she meets a forest ranger who helps her on her quest and also assists in uncovering traces of her past.
- , Japan France, Japan, 2018
- FEST 47
- Naomi Kawase
- Naomi Kawase
- Juliette Binoche, Masatoshi Nagase, Masatoshi Nagase, Takanori Iwata, Mari Natsuki
- 2018 Toronto, Gent, San Sebastijan / Toronto International Film Festival, Ghent International Film Festival, San Sebastián Inter
- 2018 Vision / Vizija
2017 Hikari / Radiance
2015 An / Sweet Bean
2014 Futatsume no mado / Still the Water
2011 60 Seconds of Solitude in Year Zero
2007 The Mourning Forest (Mogari no mori / Žalosna šuma
2003 Sharasôju / Shara
2000 Hotaru / Firefly
1997 Moe no suzaku / Suzaku
- Arata Dodo
- Yoichi Shibuya, François Gédigier
- Makoto Ozone
- EXILE HIRO, Satoshi Miyazaki, Marianne Slot, Naomi Kawase
- Kumie, Slot Machine
Naomi Kawase was born on May 30, 1969 in Nara, Japan. She is a director and writer, known for Mourning Forest (Cannes Film Festival Grand Prize), Still the Water and Moe no suzaku (Cannes film Festival Golden Camera Award for the best new director). She directed a number of short and feature length documentaries.
… Supple, lucent lensing is as infectiously hypnotized by the landscape as Jeanne is; even if viewers find themselves frustrated by Kawase’s twinkly retreat from narrative terra firma, it’s impossible not to gawp at the camera’s aerial caress of the forest in autumnal transition, complemented by the densely layered whistles and rustles of Makoto Ozone’s score and Roman Dymny’s airy, attentive sound design.
Guy Lodge, Variety