19th century rural Vietnam, fourteen-year-old May is ready to become the third wife of a wealthy landowner. Little did she know that her hidden desires will take her by surprise and force her to make a choice between living in safety and being free.
- Vijetnam Vietnam, 2018
- Fest presents
- Ash Mayfair
- Ash Mayfair
- Trần Nữ Yên Khê, Mai Thu Hường, Nguyễn Phương Trà My, Nguyễn Như Quỳnh
- 2018 Kairo, Minsk, Mumbaj, San Sebastijan, Solun, Toronto, Venecija, Zagreb / Cairo International Film Festival, Chicago Interna
- 2018 Cairo International Film Festival - Best Artistic Contribution, Chicago International Film Festival - Gold Hugo, San Sebastian International Film Festival - TVE Otra Mirada Award, San Sebastian International - NETPAC AwardFilmography:
- 2018 The Third Wife / Treća žena
- Chananun Chotrungroj
- Julie Béziau
- Tôn Thất An
- Trần Thị Bích Ngọc, Ash Mayfair, Đặng Thị Hoàng Yến, Đặng Thành Tâm
- An Nam s, Three Colors s, Mayfair Pictures
Price: 250 RSD
Centar za kulturu ‘Vlada Divljan’
Price: 400 RSD
Dvorana Kulturnog centra
Price: 300 RSD
Jugoslovenska kinoteka, Makavejev Hall
Ash Mayfair was born in Vietnam and educated in the UK and the US, receiving an MFA in filmmaking at the NYU Tisch School of the Arts. Her short films include The Silver Man, Sam, Heart of a Doll, Grasshopper, and Lupo. The Third Wife is her debut feature.
With The Third Wife, new talent Mayfair reclaims just a few of those silvery strands from the neglect of history and weaves them into a film so sensuous we can lose ourselves in it, but so vividly real we might also be able to find ourselves there.
Jessica Kiang, Variety