Anthony is 80, mischievous, living defiantly alone and rejecting the carers that his daughter, Anne, encouragingly introduces. Yet help is also becoming a necessity for Anne; she can’t make daily visits anymore and Anthony’s grip on reality is ravelling. As we experience the ebb and tide of his memory, how much of his own identity and past can Anthony cling to? How does Anne cope as she grieves the loss of her father, while he still lives and breathes before her?
- UK, France, 2020
- Drama / Drama
- Florian Zeller
- Christopher Hampton, Florian Zeller
- Anthony Hopkins, Olivia Colman, Mark Gatiss, Imogen Poots, Rufus Sewell, Olivia Williams
- 2020 – Sandens, Toronto, San Sebastijan, Cirih, Talin / Sundance Film Festival, Toronto International Film Festival, San Sebastián International Film Festival, Zurich Film Festival, Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival)
- Ben Smithard
- Yorgos Lamprinos
- Ludovico Einaudi
- David Parfitt, Jean-Louis Livi, Philippe Carcassonne, Christophe Spadone, Simon Friend
- F comme Film, Trademark Films, Cine@, AG Studios, Film4, Embankment Films
- Con Film
- 2020 The Father / Otac
- 2020 - San Sebastijan - nagrada publike za najbolji film / San Sebastián International Film Festival - Audience Award for Best Film
- 2021 - BAFTA za najbolju glavnu mušku ulogu (Entoni Hopkins) i adaptirani scenario (Kristofer Hampton, Florijan Zeler) / BAFTA for Best Leading Actor (Anthony Hopkins) and Best Adapted Screenplay (Christopher Hampton, Florian Zeller); Oskari - šest nominacija:
- najbolji film, glavna muška uloga (Entoni Hopkins), sporedna ženska uloga (Olivija Kolman), adaptirani scenario, montaža, scenografija / Academy - 6 Nominees:
- Best Motion Picture of the Year, Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role (Anthony Hopkins), Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role (Olivia Colman), Best Adapted Screenplay (Christopher Hampton, Florian Zeller), Best Achievement in Film , Best Achievement in Design
Price: 500 RSD
Price: 350 RSD
Price: 400 RSD
Cineplexx Galerija Belgrade - Hall 3
FLORIJAN ZELER / FLORIAN ZELLER
Florian Zeller is an award-winning French novelist, playwright and director. He is, according to the Times of London, “the most exciting playwright of our time”. He has written more than 10 plays, including The Father, The Mother, The Truth, The Lie, The Height of the Storm and most recently The Son, which premiered in London in 2019. His plays have been staged in more than 45 countries. The Father, is one of the outstanding hits of recent years and was described as “the most acclaimed new play of the last decade" by the Guardian, and has won several awards in Paris, London and New York. The Father is Florian’s first film as a director.
Anthony Hopkins gives a scalding performance as a man stricken by dementia in this clever drama.
Jeannette Catsoulis The New York Times
Exceptional performances from Anthony Hopkins and Olivia Colman anchor Florian Zeller’s deeply moving debut.
Tim Grierson, Screen Daily
The cruelty, confusion, and conflicts are on full display in this moving and memorable movie about aging.
Austin Collins, The Rolling Stone