Jess, a 29 year old web designer, is ecstatic to be the surrogate and egg-donor for her best friend Josh and his husband Aaron. Twelve weeks into the pregnancy, a prenatal test comes back with unexpected results that pose a moral dilemma. The relationship between the three friends is put to the test.
- USA, 2020
- Drama / Drama
- FEST Fokus
- Jeremy Hersh
- Jeremy Hersh
- Jasmine Batchelor, Chris Perfetti, Sullivan Jones, Brooke Bloom, Eboni Booth, William DeMeritt, Tonya Pinkins, Brandon Micheal Hall, Leon Lewis, Leon Addison Brown
- 2020 – SXSW u Ostinu, Sao Paulo / South by Southwest (SXSW) Film Festival, São Paulo International Film Festival
- Mia Cioffi Henry
- Cecilia Delgado
- Julie Christeas, Jonathan Blitstein, Taylor Hess, Jeremy Hersh
- Tandem Pictures, Resonant Pictures
- 2020 The Surrogate / Surogat
2015 Actresses / Glumice (Short)
2013 Natives (Short)
Price: 350 RSD
Price: 400 RSD
Cineplexx Galerija Belgrade - Hall 3
DŽEREMI HERŠ / JEREMY HERSH
Jeremy Hersh is a filmmaker based in New York. His undergraduate thesis film Natives premiered at SXSW in 2013. In 2015, his short Actresses screened at Sundance, SXSW, BamCinemaFest, and The New Orleans Film Festival, where it won the audience award for narrative short. The Surrogate (2020) is his first feature.
Jeremy Hersh’s debut feature is a screen surprises, not because it’s “stagy” (though he has written plays), but because its engagingly argumentative virtues aren’t typical for movies anymore.
Dennis Harvey, Variety